Ebrahim Al-Zaabi has more than 27 years of wide-ranging expertise in academics, research and knowledge-based and technical-based fields related to regulatory, legislative and supervisory tasks in the UAE and the MENA region, financial markets, banking and insurance.
All above qualified him to occupy many leadership positions In the country and chair and be a member of several international, regional and local committees.
- Assistant Governor – Monetary Policy and Financial Stability Sector.
- General Director of the Insurance Sector – Central Bank (with the rank of Undersecretary).
- General Director – Insurance Authority.
- Deputy CEO – Securities and Commodities Authority.
- Fund Manager – Derivatives Portfolio Management – Commodities listed in international markets. (ADIA)
Membership of the most important local and international committees
- Member of the Executive Committee of the International Association of Insurance. Supervisors (IAIS).
- Member of the Selection Committee to appoint heads and members of the technical working committees in the International Association of Insurance Supervisory Bodies (IAIS).
- Member of the Emerging Countries Committee of the International Association of Insurance Supervisory Bodies (IAIS).
- Member of the Abu Dhabi Global Market Board of Directors 2013 – 2018.
- Member of the Sustainable Insurance Forum at the United Nations (one of the initiatives proposed by the United Nations).
- Member of the Higher Committee for the Development of National Human Resources in the Banking and Financial Sector.
- Member of the Supreme National Committee for Combating Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism during work in the Securities and Commodities Authority and the Insurance Authority from 2002 to 2020.